Storage of Household Hazardous Waste
When using and storing motor oil, fertilizers, pesticides or paints, follow these simple good housekeeping practices to keep toxins out of our local rivers, creeks, lakes and beaches:
- Always store containers and bags indoors in a covered garage or shed.
- Cover containers with tight-fitting lids when not using the product.
- Absorb automotive spills or leaks with kitty litter and dispose of in a City-issued black bin.
- Wash out paint brushes in sinks – never outside on your lawn or gutter.
- Call the Stormwater Hotline at (800) 974-9794 or use the City’s online Service Request Form for Illegal Dumping Pick Up to report abandoned hazardous waste in the public right-of-way (streets, parkways, alleys).