Disposal of Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste
Los Angeles S.A.F.E. Centers accept unwanted household hazardous waste, such as fertilizers, pesticides, paint and used motor oil, free of charge.
S.A.F.E. Centers for City of Los Angeles Residents
* This site accepts electronic waste on Saturdays only.
- It is against the law to transport more than 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous wastes to collection sites.
- Pack your wastes properly to prevent tipping or spilling during transportation. Remove all other items from your trunk.
- Wastes will be collected with their containers.
- For data-containing devices, remove data before disposal.
- Smoking is prohibited at all S.A.F.E. Centers.
- Remain in your vehicle while trained personnel remove the hazardous wastes from your trunk.
- Waste collection is suspended during rain.
Used motor oil and filters
Pain and solvents
E-waste, such as computers, cell phones and televisions
Household cleaning products
Car and household batteries
Fluorescent tubes and bulbs
Unused medicine (except controlled substances)
Home-generated Sharps, such as needles and lancets
Items NOT Accepted
Bulky items, such as furniture and large appliances. (LA Sanitation will pick up bulky items for free.)
Business/commercial wastes. (For information on disposing business waste, visit LA Sanitation.)