Why did the city of Los Angeles adopt LID standards and practices?
The City of Los Angeles adopted LID standards and practices in future developments and redevelopments to encourage the following:
- Beneficial use of rainwater and urban runoff.
- Water quality improvement.
- Rainwater harvesting.
- Reduction of offsite runoff and provide increased groundwater recharge.
- Reduction of erosion and hydrologic impacts downstream.
- Enhancement of recreational and aesthetic values in our communities.