Get Creative and Score a FREE T-Shirt!
Will this Stormwater Poem Get Your Creative Juices Flowing? A Stormwater Poetry Challenge? Write and Win!
We’ve closed an important chapter and started a new year
Yet there’s still much to do so we’re still in high gear!
But before we move on we thought we’d look back
2010 in review, stormwater unpacked.
We start with Prop O which saw lots of action
As a few River Projects finally got traction.
BMP chatter, Wetland conservation
And even a couple Green Street Presentations.
Speaking of Green Streets, there’s Riverdale too
Whose green reconstructions made their debut.
And we brought out an army to Playa Del Rey
An army of kids for Kids Ocean Day.
The plastic bag ban in LA County happened
As biblical rain left all of us dampened.
But rain is a resource as much as annoyance
Or it will soon be with the LID Ordinance.
23 (and counting) underground low flow diversions
And a NoHo retrofit alley conversion.
Yes, one year goes down and it’s on to another
With your help we’ll make 2011 great for our water.
Are your creative juices flowing? Want to give your own water poem a go? Put together a couplet, haiku, sonnet, epic, any sort of poem about LA water or stormwater in the comment box below. All entrants will receive a free clean water t-shirt and then we’ll pick a couple of our favorites to publish in the next issue of the LA Stormwater e-newsletter. Entries are due by end of February– we can’t wait to see what you’ve got in store!
- Best Management Practices (26)
- Contests (30)
- Events (67)
- Green Streets (4)
- Guest Posts (20)
- LA Sanitation News (3)
- Low Impact Development (70)
- Pet Owners (10)
- Prop O Projects (27)
- Rain Barrels & Cisterns (15)
- Stormwater News (50)
- Stormwater Programs (5)
- Stormwater Projects (5)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Watersheds (30)
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
- April 2010
- March 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- Clean Water Virtual Scavenger Hunt: Question 1 (55)
- Get Creative and Score a FREE T-Shirt! (47)
- Name that Animal and Score – Some Original LA River Artwork! (36)
- Name What’s Wrong With This Photo and Win 4 Tickets to the Aquarium of the Pacific! (36)
- Clean Water Virtual Scavenger Hunt: Question 2 (35)
- Clean Water Virtual Scavenger Hunt: Question 3 (32)
- LA Stormwater Video Trivia (27)
- Sea Life Trivia Contest (25)
- It’s Pet Trivia Time! (20)
- LA County Clean Water, Clean Beaches Measure (18)
- LA Stormwater: A big thank you to everyone who participated in our spring gardening tips contest. We loved all the great ideas ...
- Christy Martens: After fighting with squirrels and crows that would dig up my seedlings in my veggie garden, I found that reused ...
- Chris Anthony: After experiencing the destruction of grasshoppers in my vegetable garden I taught my cats to hunt and catch them. They ...
- Melanie Winter: Hi Geoff - We based our basic design on the work of the city of Tuscon's Watershed Management Group, where they've ...
- Geoff: Hi Melanie, Great article and its refreshing to hear what you are doing and what you've already done in ...
- Sandra DeSimone: In our garden, we make sure to always have something in bloom, so that we never need to use pesticides ...
- Sandra DeSimone: We mulch all the trees around the campus at the school I work at so that it keeps the trees ...
- Melanie Winter: Hi Rick - Pleased to meet you, too. Hooray for the early adopters! The good news is that if you're within ...
- Melanie Winter: Hi Lee! Thanks for your kind words. Do check out the new greywater permit, I think you'll be pleased - it's ...