The City of Los Angeles Stormwater Program is an award-winning program, nationally recognized for its commitment to implementing a multi-pronged approach that ensures the City compliance with regulations and reduces the amount of pollution flowing through LA’s local waterways. On an annual basis, dozens of agencies and municipalities throughout the nation contact the City of Los Angeles for information about its projects and programs.
Awards garnered by the City of Los Angeles Stormwater Program include:
- 2002 American Public Works Association Project of the Year Award
- 2003 California Environmental Protection Agency’s Innovative Program Award
- 2004 Keep America Beautiful 1st Place National Award
- 2005 California Environmental Protection Agency’s Togetherness Award
- 2008 California Water Environment Association’s Large Public Education Program Award
- 2010 National Association of Clean Water Agencies Best E-Media Program Award